Flight safety is a primary and constant concern for Turbomeca and our customers. Measures are already in place at Turbomeca to ensure safety: both to meet helicopter needs (integrators or operators) or regulatory requirements, or through voluntary Turbomeca actions, such as the "Flight Safety" initiative launched in 2005. The formal introduction of a Safety Management System (SMS)
for all our maintenance and repair activities will be a real opportunity to federate existing measures and develop a safety culture in all the sectors concerned. Turbomeca is committed
to optimizing its maintenance and repair activities in order to reduce the risks associated with the operation of our equipment to the lowest level
that can reasonably be attained.This commitment involves actions to:
1. Develop and anchor within all our maintenance and repair activities a safety culture which recognizes the importance and value of efficient and predictive flight safety management.
2. Establish objectives for TURBOMECA for contributing to flight safety, raise awareness of the objectives among personnel and measure their performance in a continuous improvement approach.
3. Establish and raise awareness among the personnel involved in assembly, maintenance and repair processes of their responsibilities with respect to flight safety.
4. Encourage personnel in a positive approach and guarantee a non-punitive working environment conducive to highlighting any risks such as maintenance and repair errors/incidents relating to flight safety.
5. Ensure that the personnel involved receive all appropriate information and training concerning flight safety, that they are competent in fields linked to safety, and that they are only assigned tasks for which they are trained.
6. Establish, formalize and maintain cooperative relations with our partners: airframers, operators, maintenance centers, etc. to promote global flight safety management.
7. Guarantee the availability of financial and material means, and of trained and qualified human resources to implement the flight safety actions and policy.
8. Ensure that the application and improvement in the flight safety management system is an integral part of all our activities.
9. Raise awareness of our Safety policy among all personnel and customers
10. Progressively deploy our safety policy in all Turbomeca processes including on our suppliers’ premises. I will personally monitor, through periodic reviews, the application, compliance and efficiency of the Safety Management System.
Chairman & CEO